Founded in 2005 by Richard and Denise Baines, teachers in International schools and colleges in Belgium, the Giraffe Project is a UK registered charity providing educational opportunities for children and young people from extremely deprived areas of Nairobi. It works closely with 3 schools in and around the slums, and also provides support for teenagers to finish their studies in boarding schools outside. Graduates from secondary schools are sometimes offered places in vocational training
colleges. All the schools are managed and run by local people.
The charity has grown steadily since its inception in 2005: last year's turnover was 189,000 GBP. The Trustees are committed to grow the charity in keeping with its stated objects, with the help of a staff of expert volunteers, and to ensure that at least 95% of all funds raised reach the projects in Kenya. In the case of sponsorships, 100% is committed to the schooling and wellbeing of each individual students sponsored.
Read more about who we are.
- **NEW** Spring Newsletter 2015! Find out what's been happening with The Giraffe Project and get the latest news from our schools in Kenya. Download it here.
- Summer visit 2015! This summer we will have a team heading out to Kenya to work with our sponsor children and we are always looking for new volunteers! If you would like to come along and help out please get in touch: email@example.com
- Autumn Newsletter 2014. Change and Opportunity: Denise Baines on the lastest Giraffe Project visit. Download it here.
- Summer Newsletter 2014. John Newbold reports on a summer's visit to Kenya. Download it here.
- GIRAFFE EDUCATION CENTRE - We are looking for corporate partners to work with us on moving our secondary school to new premises. We have found the land and have the architect's plans for a wonderful new school providing education and accommodation for about 80 students - and the plan is to move in 2017 if we can raise the funds! To find out more please email: firstname.lastname@example.org